This step cannot be overlooked during the wastewater assessment process and may also allow your organization to save considerably in wastewater treatment systems maintenance cost.
Sediment characterization is essential since it greatly influences the quality of water. Particulary, sediment acts as phosphorus, nitrogen and organic matter reservoirs, wich may then be released in the environment, thus fostering cyanobacteria development.
Services we offer :
- Graphic presentation of the following parameters as a function of time: pH, temperature, conductivity, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, residual chlorine;
- Continuous sampling in relation to flow;
- Contamiant load discharge and mass balance calculations;
- Pluviometry and pluviogram;
- Grab sampling;
- Drinking water, sediment, sludge, wastewater treatment pond, artificial pond and swimming pools and FRM sampling;
- Sediment thickness measurements;
- Sieve analysis;
- Standard parameters: organic and dry matter contents, total organic carbon, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, C/N ratio, metals.
These services are intended to then help our clients :
- Meet local wastewater discharge regulations;
- Reduce discharges at the source;
- Obtain baseline data for wastewater treatment system design;
- Demonstrate and document liquid discharge quality control;
- Clarify the origins of the discharges, either by department, section or type;
- Support negotiations with the governmental bodies with scientific data;
- Save on fines and taxes;
- Calculate the amount of phosphorus (linked to relargage);
- Evaluate sediment toxicity’s;
- Monitor and understand the siltation of a lake;
- Identify areas erosion