Redevelopment of a shoreline wall
An unstable shoreline wall worried the owners of this land in Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil.
A new wall made of wooden beams and wall-type riprap was prepared by the Avizo Consulting team. It is a durable construction that ensures the longevity of the structure.
The team also planted a variety of hardy plants at the top of the embankment which blends in well with the environment and allows the restoration of natural vegetation in the riparian strip.
- Field visit to establish site constraints
- Creation of a concept plan
- Customer Approval
- Design of plans, profiles and sections
- Design and drafting of plans and specifications
- Project management
Environmental management activities
- Verification with the Centre de données sur le patrimoine naturel du Québec (CDPNQ) of species with a precarious status
- Request for a certificate of authorization from the ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC)
- Characterization of fish habitat
- Description of the impacts of the construction project
- Identification of construction impact mitigation measures
- Drafting of the guide on working methods
Shoreline construction project
- Selecting materials
- Work planning
- Implementation of environmental measures
- Construction according with the plans and specifications
- Construction site management.